Yammer User Deactivate
This handler deactivates a user of your Yammer network. After searching and finding the user id that cooresponds to the inputted user email, the user will be deactivated. If a user with the specified email does not exist, the request will be ignored. Any other errors that happen during this process will also be caught and re-raised by the handler.
Note: This handler requires a verified admin account in a paid Yammer network! (If you are an admin and still getting an error with the message "Attempt to access a protected resource failed" make sure that you are also verified.)
How to retrieve your Access Token
- These instructions can also be found on developer.yammer.com/authentication under client-side authentication
- Start by creating a client application at https://www.yammer.com/client_applications
- Fill in the required information and create the application
- Using the client id you retrieved from the application, paste this url into your browser, making sure to replace [:client_id]:
- After submitting that page and authorizing the application, look in the url to find your access token. That url will look like:
- Paste this Access Token into your info values and you will be all set!
If you have already registered Kinetic Task with your Yammer network, or if you receive a message stating that the "Application Name is already in use", you can view your list of registered applications at: https://www.yammer.com/client_applications Click on your application details to get your client id and client secret.
||The email address of the user that should be deactivated.
This handler does not return any results.
Yammer User Deactivate V1 (2012-08-02)
- Initial version. See README for details.
Yammer User Deactivate V2 (2013-09-09)
- Changed authentication method as well as transitioned from using the Yammer
gem to using the REST Client gem.
- Yammer Group Create
- This handler creates a new group on your Yammer network.
- Yammer Message Post
- This handler allows you to post a message to Yammer.
- Yammer User Delete
- This handler removes a member of your Yammer network.
- Yammer User Invite
- This handler invites a user to your Yammer network.