ServiceNow Incident Search
This handler searches for incidents in Serice Now and returns any that meet your query in JSON format. The return json uses the sysid as the key and the value is another JSON map with all the information about the incident. To query for an incident, you need to provide the query in xml. The handler uses the getRecords call from the Service Now SOAP API, so the parameter provided just needs to specify what to look for in incident fields. For example, if you are searching for a date (or anything that can't be qualified by a direct equality statement), you can use the <encodedquery> parameter, which can be used for any general query statements. For example, you could search for any incidents that were created after a certain time (ie. <encodedquery>syscreated_on > 2014-04-15</encodedquery>). For everything else, you can make the search with the xml tag beings the field that you want to search. For example, if you want to match a incident number or short description, you would search for INC000000001 or <shortdescription>this is a short description.
||The query string for what incidents should be returned in xml format.
||<__encoded_query>sys_created_on > 2014-01-01
||All sys_id's that match the query formatted in XML
ServiceNow Incident Search v1 (2014-05-30)
- Initial version. See README for details.
- ServiceNow Change Create
- This handler allows you to create a new change request on Service Now.
- ServiceNow Change Retrieve
- This handler allows you to retrieve a change request from Service Now.
- ServiceNow Change Update
- This handler allows you to update a change request on Service Now.
- ServiceNow Group Create
- Creates a new Service Now user group.
- ServiceNow Group Retrieve
- Retrieves a Service Now user group
- ServiceNow Group Update
- Updates an existing Service Now user group.
- ServiceNow Incident Create
- ServiceNow, create a new incident.
- ServiceNow Incident Retrieve
- This handler allows you to retrieve an incident from Service Now.
- ServiceNow Incident Update
- ServiceNow, update an incident.
- ServiceNow Object Create
- Generically creates an object from a ServiceNow table when given a table name and a JSON body
- ServiceNow Object Delete
- Generically deletes an object from a ServiceNow table when given a table name and an id
- ServiceNow Object Retrieve
- Generically retrieves an object from a ServiceNow table when given a table name and an id
- ServiceNow Object Update
- Generically updates an object in a ServiceNow table when given a table name, a id, and a JSON body containing the parts of the object that should be updated.
- ServiceNow User Create
- ServiceNow, create a new user.
- ServiceNow User Retrieve
- ServiceNow, retrieve a user id for system user.
- ServiceNow User Update
- ServiceNow, update an existing user.