AWS EC2 Instance Start
The start_instance function can be executed against any valid instance in any state. When executed against an already started instance, the Previous Status and Current Status will both be "running".
||The instance id of the EC2 virtual machine that this handler will send a start request to
||The state of the machine instance prior to the start request being issued.
||The state of the machine instance after the start request. The state will typically be "pending".
AWS EC2 Instance Start V1 (2011-03-04)
- Initial version. See README for details.
AWS EC2 Instance Start V2 (2011-03-04)
- Changed 'Previous State' result to 'Previous Status' to be more consistent
with the AWS EC2 console.
- Changed 'Current State' result to 'Current Status' to be more consistent with
the AWS EC2 console.
- Added comments for execute method in init.rb.
AWS EC2 Instance Start V2.1 (2017-08-24)
Update the EC2 gem to AWS SDK 2.2.34.
Change Info Values to be more consistent with the other AWS handlers.
Internal tweaks to make execution similar to other AWS handlers.
Remove Request Id from results because it is no longer supplied by the AWS EC2
- AWS EC2 Associate Route Table
- Associates a subnet with a route table.
- AWS EC2 Attach Internet Gateway
- Attaches an Internet gateway to a VPC, enabling connectivity between the Internet and the VPC.
- AWS EC2 Authorize Security Group Ingress
- Add a security group ingress rule to a security group.
- AWS EC2 Create Key Pair As Attachment
- Creates a 2048-bit RSA key pair with the specified name and attaches the result to a Kinetic Request CE submission.
- AWS EC2 Create Key Pair
- Creates a 2048-bit RSA key pair with the specified name.
- AWS EC2 Create Network Interface
- Creates a network interface in the specified subnet. For more information see the Amazon Elastic Cloud Compute User Guide online.
- AWS EC2 Create Route Table
- Creates a route table for the specified VPC.
- AWS EC2 Create Route
- Creates a route in the route table within a VPC.
- AWS EC2 Create Security Group
- This handler is used to create a security group in AWS.
- AWS EC2 Create Tag
- Creates a single tag against a single resource.
- AWS EC2 Create VPC
- Creates a VPC
- AWS EC2 Delete Internet Gateway
- Deletes a VPC
- AWS EC2 Delete Key Pair
- Deletes the specified key pair, by removing the public key from Amazon EC2.
- AWS EC2 Delete Route Table
- Deletes a specified route table.
- AWS EC2 Delete Route
- Deletes the specified route from the specified route table.
- AWS EC2 Delete Subnet
- Deletes a specified subnet.
- AWS EC2 Delete Tag
- Deletes a single tag against a single resource.
- AWS EC2 Delete VPC
- Deletes a VPC
- AWS EC2 Describe Availability Zone
- Returns a single availability zone's Name, State, and Region.
- AWS EC2 Describe Images
- Describes one or more of the images (AMIs, AKIs, and ARIs) available to you. Images available to you include public images, private images that you own, and private images owned by other AWS accounts but for which you have explicit launch permissions.
- AWS EC2 Disassociate Route Table
- Disassociates a subnet from a route table.
- AWS EC2 Image List
- Retrieves list of machine images attached to the AWS credentials supplied
- AWS EC2 Image Retrieve
- Retrieves the properties of the image supplied
- AWS EC2 Instance List
- Retrieves list of machine instances attached to the AWS credentials supplied
- AWS EC2 Instance Retrieve Status
- Retrieves the status of a particular EC2 instance.
- AWS EC2 Instance Retrieve
- Retrieves the properties of the machine instance supplied
- AWS EC2 Instance Stop
- This handler sends a stop request to an AWS EC2 machine instance
- AWS EC2 Modify Instance Attribute
- Modifies the specified attribute of the specified instance. You can specify only one attribute at a time.
- AWS EC2 Revoke Security Group Ingress
- Removes one or more ingress rules from a security group.
- AWS EC2 Run Instances
- Launches the specified number of instances using an AMI for which you have permissions.