Chef Node Attribute Delete
To delete an attribute from an existing Chef Server node, the handler uses Chef's REST API. The handler first retrieves the users private key from the specified location so that it can then be used to sign the REST request. The handler then retrieves the node that will be updated to get all of the attributes that are currently attached to it, looks for a 'normal' attribute key that matches the Attribute Name parameter and deletes it from the object. The updated node object is then re-posted to the Chef Server to apply the changes to the node attributes on the Chef Server. And errors that are encountered during the process are caught and re-rasied by the handler.
||Name of the node that the attribute will be removed from.
||Name of the attribute to be deleted.
This handler does not return any results.
Chef Node Attribute Delete (2017-06-12)
- Initial version. See README for details.
- Chef Add Recipe to Run List
- Adds a recipe to a run list for a specific Node in Chef.
- Chef Cookbook Delete
- Deletes a cookbook from a Chef server.
- Chef Retrieve Cookbook
- Retireve a Cookbook from Chef-io for an organization.
- Chef Node Attribute Add
- Adds an attribute to an existing node on Chef.
- Chef Node Bootstrap
- Uses a previously installed knife instance on the Kinetic Task server to bootstrap a Chef node.
- Chef Node Delete
- Deletes a node from a Chef server.
- Chef Remove Recipe from Run List
- Removes a recipe from from a run list in a node.
- Chef Retrieve Cookbooks
- Retrieves a list of Cookbooks from Chef-io from an organization.
- Chef Retrieve Node
- Retrieves a information about a node in Chef-io within an organization.
- Chef Retrieve Nodes
- Retrieves a list of nodes from Chef-io from an organization.
- Chef Retrieve Run List
- Retrieves a Runlist from Chef for a node.