Vice President of Engineering
We are in search of a Vice President of Engineering. The ideal candidate will be a forward-thinking leader experienced in attracting, developing, and leading talented groups of engineers and technicians as we grow our organization. A successful technical leader will lead through data and insights, obsess about customer outcomes in every decision she/he makes, and lead by developing the trust and respect of teammates.
Currently, the development team is small and looking for a technical leader to help grow the individuals in terms of skills, thinking and application of technical acumen to problem statements, both today and tomorrow. Ideally, we seek a Software Engineering leader who has " been there, done that” within a start-up.
You will be surrounded by individuals who are passionate about our mission and the impact we can make in this business area. You will experience a supportive, committed, and helpful working environment. There is an opportunity to engage in multiple areas, test concepts, and work cross-functionally to drive change.
The successful candidate will have the ability to attract and develop engineering talent and cultivate technology partnerships to execute strategy.
- Create a team and culture that embodies technology innovation and drive business results
- Lead the development and implementation of critical technology solutions for our client's business and their customers
- Responsible for working with stakeholders in creating a clear, convincing technical vision and strategy
- Responsible for scaling and building our products across multiple markets
- Manage the engineering team and inspire the team to learn, grow, collaborate and seek fulfillment in their work
- Build organizational capability within our team by recruiting and retaining outstanding talent and providing mentoring and training
You will enjoy a working environment that fosters a sense of belonging and where you can be yourself, a flexible “remote first” work policy and compensation and benefits commensurate with your experience.
- Recognized leader in Digital Software Engineering, with more than 10 years of experience driving business growth through application and adoption of emerging technologies for customer success and optimization
- Technical Thought Leadership: Expert in ability to understand customer needs and problems and architect emerging technology and capability solutions
- Talent Management / Development: Excels at attracting and developing diverse technical talent, identifying, and cultivating skills and capabilities
- Customer First: Aims to provide the best experience to internal employees and end customers
- Shape Strategy: Collaborative with the ability to shift from big picture, strategic thinking to the tactical implementation
- Balance: Clearly evaluate the creation of new functionality for current and future customer needs, infrastructure management and the elimination of technical debt in terms of resource prioritization
- Bachelor's degree; advanced degree preferred (IT, Computer Science, Math, Engineering or related field)
- 10+ years custom software engineering and engineering management experience
- 10+ years experience driving business growth through development and adoption of emerging technologies for customer success and business optimization
- Deep experience with modern technologies, architectures, and agile development methods
- Experience with cloud-first development and microservice architectures
- Demonstrated program delivery leadership & experience, including major program sponsorship/leadership
- Ability to adapt to a fast-moving IT landscape and keep pace with latest thinking and new technologies
- Experience in effectively managing cross-functional teams, influencing key stakeholders across the organization, and communicating with business executives
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent experience in related fields for computer science
- Proven ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, high-growth, rapidly changing environment
- Proof of US citizenship
- Comprehensive Health insurance includes full premium coverage and 90% of out of pocket, in network expenses
- SIMPLE IRA match
- Remote first, flexible working hours