Kinetic Data is an emerging leader at the forefront of the $300 billion+ backend-as-a-service market for digital workflow and self-service automation. Our platform helps teams and organizations run more efficiently, focusing resources where they are most needed.
Kinetic Data has a particular focus on helping government agencies modernize processes, deliver faster responses and support the required change for 21st century leadership. The highly-scalable, multi-tenant platform is built for the most complex and demanding environments and has proven value for the most stringent needs of multiple federal agencies and commercial organizations for cross-platform integration and a unified “single pane of glass” user experience.
The Kinetic Platform is made up of a React front-end, Java + Ruby back-end, and a mix of Cassandra and relational databases for persistence. Our customers can choose to install the platform on-prem or leverage our AWS-hosted solution called kinops.
Our Core Values:
High Passion- Involved and invested to help shape Kinetic’s future in your role
Pride in Work- Striving to become the best at your work
Customer Success Driven- Delivers the right solution with a customer-first mindset
Self Motivated- Identifies, prioritizes and takes ownership of meaningful work
Honesty and Integrity- Does the right thing even when no one is watching
We are in search of a Technical Writer to join our growing team. Your primary function is to create, update and be responsible for customer-facing technical documentation primarily for developers (“Builders”) who are working with our workflow platform. As a member of our team, you'll work with product management, engineers, delivery consultants and customer success to understand the platform and create clear, concise, and accurate documentation.
Drawing on your technical and communication skills, you'll expertly make content decisions based on product release information, support ticket data, and feedback from users and internal stakeholders. Over time, this role may evolve to include support of our broader enablement needs as your mastery of our platform expands. For this role, we are looking for an individual with strong written and visual communication skills and a deep understanding of and empathy for our users.
You will be surrounded by individuals who are passionate about our mission and the impact we can make in this business area. You will experience a supportive, committed, and helpful working environment. There is an opportunity to engage in multiple areas, test concepts, and work cross-functionally to drive change.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Produce high-quality, clear, and concise documentation in written form and / or using video to convey explanations or to educate users
- Maintain or improve the consistency in language and readability level of all documentation
- Deploy and maintain documentation standards, processes, and best practices
- Create and maintain API and integration documentation in repositories
- Effectively manage documentation projects and deliver customer-focused and goal-oriented documentation
- Engage and collaborate with customer feedback programs to address content gaps, respond to direct customer feedback, and promote continuous improvement of the documentation experience
- Keep up to date with changes to our offerings, customer use cases, and support issues
- Collaborate with the various stakeholders teams to continuously create and improve the user experience of our help documentation
- Develop an understanding of competitor messaging and community content strategies
- You're an excellent writer. You have experience writing for technical products. You can communicate clearly and succinctly. You have a firm grasp on the rules of grammar, know how to adjust your tone for context, and create content quickly.
- You know how to break complex concepts into logical chunks. We offer a wide range of capabilities and our customers use our framework across dozens of different use cases. You'll need to find ways to explain difficult concepts so that our users can easily understand and work across the company to ensure we use the same language everywhere.
- You're empathetic to users and can easily put yourself in their shoes. You seek to understand them and discover ways to make complex information digestible for them.
- You're detail oriented. You have a sharp editing eye and obsess over details like punctuation and word choice.
- You have good collaboration skills. You know how to manage relationships and communicate clearly and regularly with stakeholders. You crave feedback from your stakeholders and partners, and know how to evaluate and incorporate this into your work and processes.
- You're good at prioritizing your schedule. You will have to switch between multiple tasks on a daily basis. You're great at managing your own schedule with minimal supervision and can proactively ask for help where needed.
- BA/BS degree or higher in technical writing, technical communication, computer science, English or journalism
4 years of technical writing experience
- Proven ability to write high-quality technical documentation and familiarity with best practices in technical writing
- Able to read and write specs and knowledge of Restful design
- Ability to meet deadlines and to work independently
- Experience with video recording and editing is a plus
What you'll need to apply:
- Proven ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, high-growth, rapidly changing environment
- Proof of US citizenship
- Comprehensive Health insurance includes full premium coverage and 90% of out of pocket, in network expenses
- SIMPLE IRA match
- Remote first, flexible working hours
If this sounds like you, email your resume to us at email@example.com