Information Security Officer
Kinetic Data is an emerging leader at the forefront of the $300 billion+ market for digital workflow and service portal automation. The Kinetic Platform offers unrivaled flexibility to launch and manage continuous process improvement as needs change and evolve across the enterprise...and not just in IT.
The highly-scalable, multi-tenant platform is built for the most complex and demanding environments and has proven value for the most stringent demands of multiple federal agencies and U.S. military and commercial organizations for cross-platform integration and a unified “single pane of glass” customer experience.
The Kinetic Platform is made up of a React front-end, Java + Ruby back-end, and a mix of Cassandra and relational databases for persistence. Our customers can choose to install the platform on-prem or leverage our AWS-hosted solution called kinops.
Our Core Values:
High Passion- Involved and invested to help shape Kinetic’s future in your role
Pride in Work- Striving to become the best at your work
Customer Success Driven- Delivers the right solution with a customer-first mindset
Self Motivated- Identifies, prioritizes and takes ownership of meaningful work
Honesty and Integrity- Does the right thing even when no one is watching
As an Information Security Officer, you will be responsible for coordinating the design, implementation, and maintenance of our security program.
- You will be working directly with the development team to advise and collaborate on technical capabilities and practices.
- You will be contributing to the corporate security team on overall maturation of security strategy, policies, and posture.
- You will act as the primary point of contact to the external vendor(s) assisting Kinetic Data with ongoing security accreditation.
Responsibilities shall include in whole or in part:
- Review and advise on security designs and implementations within the Kinetic Platform
- Assist with the implementation of new security applications, technologies, or patterns
- Facilitate recurring and ad-hoc security analysis and audits of the platform and SaaS offering
- Respond to security inquiries from customer and auditors
- Participate in crisis management and disaster recovery response efforts
Skills and Expertise (Required):
- Strong ability to work independently or with a group
- Self-motivation, self-direction, and willing to roll up your sleeves and be a doer
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of the digital security industry and common technologies (antivirus, firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention systems, etc)
- Working knowledge of networking concepts, protocols, and services
- Working knowledge of cloud and SaaS security concerns and practices
- Working knowledge of web application security concerns and practices
- Familiarity with Git
- Familiarity with Linux
- Basic familiarity with DevSecOps practices (static code analysis, dependency scanning, etc)
Skills and Expertise (Desired):
- Professional information security certification
- Previous experience in an information security role
- Hands-on experience with SAML, OAuth, and other SSO
- Hands-on experience with SSL certificate management
- Experience with the handling of PII data
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker
- Familiarity with AWS
- Familiarity with common security standards such as SOC 2 and GDPR
What you'll need to apply:
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent experience in related fields for computer science
- Proven ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, high-growth, rapidly changing environment
- Proof of US citizenship
- Comprehensive Health insurance includes full premium coverage and 90% of out of pocket, in network expenses
- SIMPLE IRA match
- Remote first, flexible working hours
If this sounds like you, email your resume to us at email@example.com