Contract Billing & Finance Manager
Come be part of something amazing! Kinetic Data is an emerging leader at the forefront of the $300 billion+ market for digital workflow and service portal automation. Put simply, our SaaS platform makes it easier for people to do their work. We are based in Lowertown, St Paul, overlooking Mears Park.
The Contract Specialist & Finance Manager will own the underlying business processes and be responsible for creating, submitting, troubleshooting and processing all sales agreements in an accurate and timely manner. As a critical finance associate, the Contract Specialist will work closely with the sales team, including Sales Reps and Sales Executives, the Finance Team, the Operations Team, and Legal Counsel, driving the agreement process and recommending improvements as we grow and evolve our business.
The Contract Specialist & Finance Manager will also lead Billing needed by generating invoices, posting payments into the accounting system with speed and accuracy. The ideal candidate is eager, ambitious, detail-orientated, and willing to work a problem to its successful conclusion. The Contract Specialist will also join when needed in finance projects and participate on various supported teams to ensure clear communication and inclusion on any issues or upcoming projects for Billing and or Finance.
This position will also be involved in finance projects as deemed appropriate by executive leadership and has the potential to grow into a “Controller” position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process all sales agreements promptly and accurately
- Effectively communicate with customers and internal sales team
- Serve as a resource for the Sales Team to ask questions, and clarify guardrails.
- Create and drive the metrics around agreement turn times and delivery.
- New clients
- Renewing clients
- Sales accuracy in the original request (legal name, price, product, etc.)
- Participate in the Cash Receipts Daily standup meeting
- Participate in the Finance weekly meeting when needed
- Own the Billing Team Playbook - updating and improving the documentation as our process evolves and expands, creating the tools needed for employees to cover for each other when out of office and for onboarding new employees quickly and accurately.
- Generate invoices and post payments from the accounting system
- Follow all billing team best practices and company policies
- Execute other company projects as necessary
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- At least 1 year of experience working with any accounting tools/software generating invoices and posting payments in QuickBooks or similar.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, time management and leadership skills required
- Knowledge of Excel and/or Google Suite
- Ability to navigate through different computer systems
- Ability to research documents and find information
- Must be flexible with the ability to adapt to changes quickly and think conceptually
- Solid problem solving skills to resolve complex customer inquiries
- Positive attitude coupled with a great work ethic is a must
- At least 3 years of work experience in related contract management
What you’ll need to apply:
- Post-secondary degree required, preferably in business, accounting or law
- 3+ years of Enterprise B2B Customer Success and/or Account Management experience, preferably in a SaaS environment
- Proven ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, high-growth, rapidly changing environment
- Strong general understanding of how large, complex enterprises purchase software
- The ability to travel as required for client visits and company events ( less than 10% )
- Proof of citizenship
- Health insurance
- 401(k) match
If this sounds like you, email your resume to us at email@example.com