AWS EC2 Image Retrieve
The describe_images function is the base AWS::EC2 gem call we are using for this handler and returns a multi-level hash/array nest with a top level hash key of "imagesSet".
The imagesSet has the following pseudo-xml form. Elements with the
- tag are array members and are referenced by numerical index.
All others are hash members and are references by element/key name.
To retrieve the imageId, for example, simply flatten the above structure by removing inapplicable items
Treat items as arrays and all other members as hash keys. Doing so, we can reference imageId value in the following manner:
In this handler, we are returning just the more interesting properties for an instance. Future versions may incorporate additional properties.
||The image id of the EC2 image that this handler will retrieve details about
||<%= @answers['Image ID'] %>
||The location of the AMI.
||Current state of the AMI. If the operation returns available, the image is successfully registered and available for launching.
||AWS account ID of the image owner.
||The architecture of the image.
||The type of image (machine, kernel, or RAM disk).
||The kernel associated with the image, if any. Only applicable for machine images.
|Image Owner Alias
||The AWS account alias (e.g., amazon, self, etc.) or AWS account ID that owns the AMI.
||The name of the AMI that was provided during image creation.
||The description of the AMI that was provided during image creation.
||The type of virtualization of the AMI.
||Tags assigned to the resource. Each tag's information is wrapped in an item element.
AWS EC2 Image Retrieve V1.1 (2017-08-24)
Update the EC2 gem to AWS SDK 2.2.34.
Change Info Values to be more consistent with the other AWS handlers.
Internal tweaks to make execution similar to other AWS handlers.
AWS EC2 Image Retrieve V1 (2011-03-03)
- Initial version. See README for details.
- AWS EC2 Associate Route Table
- Associates a subnet with a route table.
- AWS EC2 Authorize Security Group Ingress
- Add a security group ingress rule to a security group.
- AWS EC2 Create Key Pair As Attachment
- Creates a 2048-bit RSA key pair with the specified name and attaches the result to a Kinetic Request CE submission.
- AWS EC2 Create Network Interface
- Creates a network interface in the specified subnet. For more information see the Amazon Elastic Cloud Compute User Guide online.
- AWS EC2 Create Route
- Creates a route in the route table within a VPC.
- AWS EC2 Create Subnet
- Creates a subnet in an existing VPC.
- AWS EC2 Create VPC
- Creates a VPC
- AWS EC2 Delete Key Pair
- Deletes the specified key pair, by removing the public key from Amazon EC2.
- AWS EC2 Delete Route Table
- Deletes a specified route table.
- AWS EC2 Delete Subnet
- Deletes a specified subnet.
- AWS EC2 Delete VPC
- Deletes a VPC
- AWS EC2 Describe Availability Zones
- Returns a set of availability zones and details for each of those zones.
- AWS EC2 Detach Internet Gateway
- Detaches an Internet gateway from a VPC, disabling connectivity between the Internet and the VPC.
- AWS EC2 Image List
- Retrieves list of machine images attached to the AWS credentials supplied
- AWS EC2 Instance List
- Retrieves list of machine instances attached to the AWS credentials supplied
- AWS EC2 Instance Retrieve Status
- Retrieves the status of a particular EC2 instance.
- AWS EC2 Instance Retrieve
- Retrieves the properties of the machine instance supplied
- AWS EC2 Instance Start
- This handler sends a start request to an AWS EC2 machine instance
- AWS EC2 Instance Stop
- This handler sends a stop request to an AWS EC2 machine instance
- AWS EC2 Modify Instance Attribute
- Modifies the specified attribute of the specified instance. You can specify only one attribute at a time.
- AWS EC2 Revoke Security Group Ingress
- Removes one or more ingress rules from a security group.
- AWS EC2 Run Instances
- Launches the specified number of instances using an AMI for which you have permissions.